Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 12

Went to San Francisco today. My cousin Sara and her 2 year old son Sam met us near the city. She took us over the Golden Gate Bridge (fogged in) and over to Sausalito. We looked at bay and wandered a little. We then rode ferry to the wharf at San Francisco. Nice views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge and city. She then told us how to get around and back to car. She had other things that needed done. She and I and Sam enjoyed seeing each other and a visit. With me in Georgia and her in San Fran seldom do we see each other.

We then wandered Pier 39 and wandered in shops. Since I am in San Francisco I got a cone of Cherry Garcia. Caught a streetcar then that took us to the cable cars. The streetcar we rode in was decorated like the trolley cars in Washington DC in the late 1950s. That was ironic me a Washington native catching that car.

We rode the cable car one way up the hill and I stood on running board playing tourist hanging on and leaning out. It was fun and Carl took pictures of me. We then caught the bus to the subway (MUNI not BART) and rode out to the car by San Francisco University.

No comments:

Post a Comment