Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 8

Drove by Columbia Gorge on historic highway 30. It took us to top of mountain where we looked down at river. great view. Then stopped at several falls on way down. Bridal Vail falls were great but about 1/2 mile walk in. I could see why named that. Horse tail falls were nice and i could see how named also. At Multnomah Falls I went up to bridge and a little further. Impressive high falls that are by I-84. We then stopped at one more falls. Ate lunch at Char Burger and had a good Hawaiian Burger. Drove by Mt Hood but most of day was closed in by clouds which lifted for a moment so I could get picture. At Government Camp saw some small snow flakes falling. Then went to dinner with my first cousin Laura i had not seen in 35 years. Her family went too (Barry, Alli and Brad). We had a good pizza at ZigZag Pizza with a great atmosphere. She and I caught up on family.

No comments:

Post a Comment